What We Collect And Process
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Protecting Your Personal Information
Cookies and Related Technologies
Links to Other Websites
Effective Date: June 24, 2020
If you have questions about this Policy, you may contact us via email at email@example.com.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Through our websites and in showcasing our online catalog of products, we collect some information that, alone or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”). What limited Personal Information we collect and process depends on how and why you interact with us.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information that you choose to send or provide us. For example:
- We collect information when you browse our online catalog or join our mailing list, such as your name, telephone number, email address, or the email addresses of friends you decide may be interested in our products.
- We collect Personal Information to locate an authorized retailer near you, such as your city and state, or zip code.
- We collect Personal Information when you communicate with us through our websites, or communicate with us via email or otherwise.
- We collect Personal Information when you apply for an employment position with us, or after you are hired, including your name, contact information, employment or educational information.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect information automatically when you browse our websites, some of which information could be considered Personal Information. The information we automatically collect includes your IP address, what areas of the websites you accessed, browsed, searched for, or used, time spent on our websites and other statistical information. We also collect information about your computer, device, network, and browsing session, including your operating system, browser type, computer or mobile device type (if used), the name of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within our websites, referring URL (i.e., the page from which you navigated to our websites), and other actions taken through use of our websites.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide and secure our websites;
- Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage our websites, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Help you find an authorized retailer near you where you can purchase our products;
- Share products of your choosing with friends;
- Communicate with you through our mailing list if you signed up for such emails (note, we do not include you on any mailing list unless you opt-in, and consent may be revoked at any time as discussed below);
- Analyze preferences, trends, and traffic patterns to better understand your interest in our products and usage of our websites;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
If you provide us with your Personal Information as part of our hiring or employment process, we may use it to evaluate your application, contact you, administer benefits to you, or for other employment-related purposes. If you have visited one of our online “Careers” pages, we may also use your information to send you targeted communications about job opportunities.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With our service providers that we employ to assist in providing our products and services and in our hiring process (such as service fulfillment; communications; form processing; website management and hosting; online advertising; information technology and security; email delivery; advertisement; legal; and auditing);
- With appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk, if instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity (such as: in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities; where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities; or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a network partner to comply with applicable laws);
- With necessary third parties in connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where personal information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While no one can guarantee your Personal Information is completely secure at all times, we use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality and integrity, and give us appropriate access to your data. For instance, particularly sensitive Personal Information is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our websites. To protect any data stored on our servers, we regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please note that emails you send to us through our websites are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
If you sent us Personal Information, you may update it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or by contacting us.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
As noted above, we collect information about the device you are using through cookies and related web technologies. We use these technologies when you interact with our websites to improve the quality of our services, store user preferences, track user trends, share product information on social media, and provide relevant advertising to you on occasion. In order for these technologies to work, third parties collect and/or receive information from you through our websites and elsewhere on the internet. These third parties typically collect information in the aggregate and in a way that does not personally identify you. As explained in “Links To Other Websites,” we do not control all of the information collected by such third parties in connection with our websites, and they do not process all such data on our behalf. You may opt-out of some of these technologies, but if you do, the functionality of our websites may be impacted.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which a server may download to your computer, mobile, or tablet when you visit a website or use an app. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given, and helping us to identify ways to improve your overall site experience. Some cookies are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit. Others are required to access some or all of our websites and are necessary to improve the performance of our Services and to enhance your overall user experience. Among other cookies, we use Google Analytics. You can learn more about how those cookies work by visiting “How Google Uses Data When You Use Our Partners' Sites or Apps,” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use or visit our websites. To find out more about “do not track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites also contain links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our websites and to read the privacy statements of those websites for more information.
Our Sites and Services are directed at adults. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us.